Fortunately, being frugal doesn't mean I have to give these indulgences up. There are plenty of ways to live well, without spending a fortune. One of my favorite tricks is to cut corners in some areas, in order to free up more of my income for the things I really want. For instance, clipping coupons and getting my toiletries for free means I have extra money to spend on those designer handbags I love so much. :)
If you want to enjoy the good life on a dime, why not try some of my favorite strategies for living well and spending less?
- Buy jewelry, handbags, and other accessories from crafters on etsy, rather than spending big bucks at a boutique.
- Reduce or eliminate meat from hearty main dishes like chili, lasagna, or nachos.
- Take films out of the library, or get them free from Redbox, rather than renting DVDs or going to the movies.
- Purchase clothes and shoes off-season. You'll save even more if you shop at factory outlets or consignment stores.
- Use coupons and gift certificates to eat cheaply at your favorite restaurants.
- Invest in a cappuccino/espresso maker rather than spending dollars a day at Starbucks.
- Free up more of your income for fun things by coupon-shopping, meal-planning, and CVSing.
- Check your city's chamber of commerce website for free or inexpensive activities and attractions in your area.
What are your favorite ways to live well and spend less?